February 19, 2013
Seniors Paul Joseph and William Bertrand led the Clarksburg High School boys indoor track team to their first-ever MPSSAA Class 4A state championship at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex in Landover on Tuesday. Joseph won the 300-meter dash and finished third in both the 55-meter hurdles and the 55-meter dash, while Bertrand had three second-place finishes in the 800, 1600 and 3200-meter runs.
Northwest finished second in the team standings, with senior Joshua McDonald winning the 500-meter run.
Class 4A Boys 55-Meter Hurdles
- Kevin Random, Meade – 7.71
- Devon Hairston, Kennedy – 7.79
- Paul Joseph, Clarksburg – 7.84
Class 4A Boys 55-Meter Dash
- Denzel Hill, North Point – 6.54
- Joel Thomas, Wise – 6.55
- Paul Joseph, Clarksburg – 6.59
Class 4A Boys 300-Meter Dash
- Paul Joseph, Clarksburg – 35.29
- Jalen Walker, Northwest – 35.75
- Joshua McDonald, Northwest – 36.25
Class 4A Boys 500-Meter Run
- Joshua McDonald, Northwest – 1:07.50
- William Parker, Broadneck – 1:07.60
- Dahri Jahn-Richardson, Northwest – 1:07.87
- Travis Holland, Clarksburg – 1:08.09
- Darius Oxley, Blake – 1:08.84
Class 4A Boys 800-Meter Run
- Sam Pershall, Severna Park – 1:57.98
- William Bertrand, Clarksburg – 1:59.99
- Oliver Lloyd, Paint Branch – 2:00.71
Class 4A Boys 1600-Meter Run
- Vincent Ciattei, Perry Hall – 4:14.61 (state record)
- William Bertrand, Clarksburg – 4:22.91
- Joshua Wilkins, Bowie – 4:25.14
Class 4A Boys 3200-Meter Run
- Vincent Ciattei, Perry Hall – 9:30.28
- William Bertrand, Clarksburg – 9:33.06
- Ryan Forsyth, Severna Park, 9:40.31
February 19, 2013
Poolesville High School junior Chase Weaverling finished 11 seconds ahead of the nearest competitor to win the boys 3200-meter run at the MPSSAA Class 2A indoor track state championships at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex in Landover on Monday.
Overall, Poolesville finished 12th in the boys competition while the girls finished 9th.
The boys team title went to Century for the second time in three years. Largo won the girls team championship after finishing second in 2012.
Full results are available here.
Boys 1600-Meter Run
- Terrell Green, Douglass – 4:27.524
- David Dorsey, Catoctin – 4:27.525
- Chase Weaverling, Poolesville – 4:29.39
Boys 3200-Meter Run
- Chase Weaverling, Poolesville – 9:46.81
- David Dorsey, Catoctin – 9:57.83
- Kevin Dorsey, Catoctin – 10:00.08
Girls 1600-Meter Run
- Julia Nardone, Glenelg – 5:09.75
- Alyssa Taylor, Owings Mills – 5:12.94
- Michelle Vanagas, Long Reach – 5:27.35
- Chelsie Pennello, Poolesville – 5:28.74
Girls 3200-Meter Run
- Julia Nardone, Glenelg – 11:19.54
- Jenny Breichner, Winters Mill – 11:25.60
- Claire Beautz, Poolesville – 11:30.48
January 13, 2013
Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex
8001 Sheriff Road
January 12, 2013
Full results available here
Top-5 finishes for Montgomery County athletes:
Girls 300-Meter Run
- Gwen Shaw, Wootton – 40.39 (new meet record)
- Imani Jackson, Franklin – 40.93
- Janice George, Bowie – 41.01
- Imani Harris-Quillen, Swenson Arts – 41.14
- Kiana Hairston, Osbourn Park – 41.52
read more »
January 7, 2013
Northwest High School swept the University of Maryland Eastern Shore High School Invitational indoor track and field boys and girls team titles on Saturday, with the girls totaling a meet-record 160 points.
read more »
October 20, 2012
Poolesville junior Chase Weaverling finished less than a half of a second ahead of Clarksburg senior William Bertrand to win the boys 5K run at the Montgomery County Cross Country Championships at Bohrer Park in Gaithersburg on Saturday.
The girls race was won by Bethesda-Chevy Chase sophomore Nora McUmber, with teammate Caroline Beakes finishing in second place. Led by their 1-2 finish the Barons took the girls team title for the second consecutive year, while defending state champion Walter Johnson had seven runners finish in the top 25 to take the boys crown.
Full results can be found here.
- 1. Chase Weaverling, Poolesville – 15:24.99
- 2. William Bertrand, Clarksburg – 15:25.33
- 3. Nick Simpson, Einstein – 16:00.91
- 4. Peter Horton, Bethesda-Chevy Chase - 16:05.15
- 5. Josh Trzeciak, Wootton – 16:06.54
- 1. Nora McUmber, Bethesda-Chevy Chase – 18:25.64
- 2. Caroline Beakes, Bethesda-Chevy Chase - 18:32.49
- 3. Sophie El-Masry, Richard Montgomery – 18:48.69
- 4. Claire Beautz, Poolesville – 19:03.57
- 5. Isabelle Latour, Quince Orchard – 19:14.72
May 27, 2012
The Northwest High School girls track and field team finished in second place to Bowie in the Class 4A division of the MPSSAA boys and girls state track and field championships held Thursday through Saturday at Morgan State University. Wootton was third and Bethesda-Chevy Chase sixth in the girls 4A team results.
On the boys side of class 4A, Clarksburg finished fourth and Quince Orchard fifth behind overall team winner Henry A. Wise.
The Poolesville girls team finished sixth in class 2A.
Complete results can be found at http://baltrun.us/live/MPSSAAoutdoor12/index.htm
read more »